Friday, October 28, 2016

The Graces


Can you believe it is the last Friday in October?  The month has gone by so quickly.  I want to tell you about a new novel by Barbara Hinske.  It is called The Christmas Club and it will be available on November 1 on Amazon.  Also coming out November 1 is Faithful by Alice Hoffman.

The Graces by Laure Eve is a young adult novel about River and her obsession with the family called The Graces.  River (the name she gave herself) and her mother just moved to town.  Her mother thought they needed a new start after the dad took off (well, he just disappeared).  At her new school, there are three students that intrigued her.  Summer, Thalia, and Fen Grace.  People call them witches and River is instantly intrigued.  She wants proof and would also like to date Fen.  She finds a way to get noticed and get invited into the inner circle.  Will it be all she hoped for?  What happens when it all goes away?


The Graces reads more like River’s diary.  We get subjected to River’s thoughts and feelings (normal teenage angst).  It is the typical drivel of a teenager attracted to a boy and who wants to be with the in people.  I found it to be very boring and hard to read.  This blurb made this book sound like a thriller (not even a hint of thrill).  Instead I am trying to keep my eyes open and finish it (this is where my speed reading skills come in handy).  I give The Graces 2 out of 5 stars.  It had potential, but it was not fulfilled.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!  I will be back later with another one of my honest reviews.  If you enjoy my book evaluations, please consider becoming a follower (at right).  Take care and Happy Reading!

Kris
The Avid Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment