Thursday, May 18, 2017

Love Me Not: D.I. Helen Grace


Welcome!  We are experiencing record high's in Florida this year. It is in the 90s and the humidity is on the rise.  It is at times like this that I wish I lived in a cooler area (Alaska, Iceland).  I am very grateful to Willis Carrier for inventing air conditioning.  Can you imagine surviving summer without this wonderful invention?

Love Me Not by M.J. Arlidge is the seventh book in the D.I. Helen Grace series.  Helen Grace is happy to be out of jail and back at work.  Grace is out driving on her new Kawasaki Ninja when a black car almost hits her.  Grace then sees a woman lying in the middle of the road.  The woman dies in Grace’s arms.  She quickly gathers her team to start working on the case.  A short time later a pharmacist is robbed and shot in his store, but this time the killers left a witness.  Grace is quickly on their trail, but they manage to stay one step ahead.  Are these random victims or were they specifically chosen?  Grace and her team need to locate the perpetrators before they kill again.  Emilia Garanita has returned to Southampton, but she is not happy with her position at the paper.  This murder spree could get her back on top if she can get ahead of the other reporters.  But Emilia gets too close and finds herself with an exclusive story if she can live long enough to tell it.  What is the killer’s agenda?  Grace will do whatever it takes to catch these perpetrators and end the madness.  But what if the only way to stop the killer is for Grace to lose her life?

Love Me Not is a fast-pace suspense novel.  Love Me Not takes place over a twenty-four-hour period.  I thought Love Me Not was riveting.  The book is well-written as are all M.J. Arlidge’s novels.  I liked the short chapters and how they were labeled with the time.  It makes the story feel real and that it is playing out as you read it.  The D.I. Helen Grace series needs to be read in order.  Otherwise, you will not understand Helen, her team dynamics, or her history (and you will be utterly lost).  It was great to catch up with Helen and see how she is faring after her stint in Holloway Prison.  It was also great to connect with Charlie, D.S. Sanderson, and even Emilia.  I give Love Me Not 5 out of 5 stars. There is mild foul language (very little) and extreme violence in Love Me Not. Be aware that Love Me Not is a British novel (which means the British spelling of words). Love Me Not is one book that you will not put down until you have devoured the last page!   The only problem with finishing Love Me Not is the wait until the next D.I. Helen Grace novel is published.  

I hope you enjoyed today's book review.  I am currently reading The Chapel Care Bride by Judith Miller.  I will be sharing my thoughts on Edited Out by E.J. Copperman on Friday.  I hope you have a delightful Thursday.  Take care and Happy Reading!

Kris
The Avid Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment