Sunday, July 30, 2017

Books I Looking Forward to Reading This Summer!




What novels are you looking forward to reading this summer (or this year)?   Here are a few that are in my TBR pile.

An Amish Christmas Love by Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman, Ruth Reid and Kelly Irvin.  The cover is beautiful on this anthology.  All four novellas look entertaining, but The Christmas Cat by Amy Clipston is the one I am looking forward to the most.  Christmas stories can be uplifting and heartwarming (we all need this in our lives). (September 12)

When the Bishop Needs an Alibi by Vannetta Chapman is the second book in The Amish Bishop Mysteries.  Henry Lapp is an Amish bishop with a unique ability.  He uses his ability to help solve crimes. (August 29)

Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower is the first An Amish Candy Shop Mystery series.  I like this authors writing style, and the novel is set in my home state of Ohio (I am from Columbus--Go Buckeyes).  The sleuth is a chocolatier! (August 29)


A Knit Before Dying by Sadie Hartwell is second book in A Tangled Web Mystery series.  I thoroughly enjoyed the first book in the series and have been eagerly awaiting A Knit Before Dying.  Great characters, good mystery and beautiful yarn descriptions! (August 29)


The Girls of Mulberry Lane by Rosie Clarke is the first book in The Mulberry Lane series.  I enjoy reading British novels that take place from the 1930s through the 1950s.  Rosie Clarke has a nice, easy writing style.  I am curious to see what happens on Mulberry Lane in London. (August 1)

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.  I am be reviewing The Dream Keeper's Daughter by Emily Colin on Monday.  Take care and Happy Reading!

Kris
The Avid Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment