Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Blueberry Blunder by Amanda Flower

Blueberry Blunder

Book Summary

Bailey King, star of TV’s Bailey's Amish Sweets, is building her dream candy factory in Harvest, Ohio. But no sooner is the frame of the new building up than she finds the dead body of a surly contractor who has a long list of enemies—including people in the Amish community. To add to the drama, Bailey is being filmed by a crew for her upcoming show. . .
 
When Bailey’s TV producer pitched a reality show about building the factory, Bailey was shocked that the network picked it up. She’s not shocked that many of the Amish working on the jobsite refuse to be on camera. However, local community organizer Margot Rawlings is ecstatic—because the filming coincides with Harvest’s First Annual Blueberry Bash. Margot believes the media attention will make Harvest the most popular destination in Holmes County. But now, the county may become known for all the wrong reasons . . . 
Bailey will have to sift through a crowd of angry villagers and thousands of blueberries to solve the murder, save her new venture, and protect her Amish friends. At the same time, she and her longtime boyfriend, Aiden Brody, are making big decisions about their future together—a future that may be in jeopardy if Bailey is the next pick on a killer’s list . . .  


My Thoughts

Blueberry Blunder by Amanda Flower has Bailey King building a candy factory in Harvest, Ohio.  After numerous delays from the belligerent contractor, Bailey fires him (good for her).  Bailey has a camera crew following her around for a new series featuring the building of the factory.  The ambitious producer is thrilled with the drama around the construction and Harvest’s First Annual Blueberry Bash.  Margot Rawlings ropes Bailey into being the Blueberry Princess and she hopes the film coverage will draw more tourists to their town.  Harvest may become famous for another reason when the surly contractor is found dead.   

Blueberry Blunder by Amanda Flower is a witty tale.  I laughed often while reading this story.  I enjoyed returning to Harvest, Ohio for the Blueberry Bash.  I felt bad for Bailey King who has her hands full with making candy for Swissmen Sweets, the construction of the new factory, the filming of her new show, and Jethro (Juliet’s polka dotted pig) constantly being foisted on her.  Juliet takes advantage of Bailey.  She should not continually thrust Jethro on Bailey (Juliet needs a pig sitter).  Jethro is one mischievous pig who can only be left unsupervised at nap time.  I felt bad for Nutmeg who had to share her bed at Swissmen Sweets with the polka dotted porker.  I like that we are getting to know more about Charlotte.  She is really coming out of her shell.  Charlotte is getting to marry the love of her life in just a few days.  Harvest’s First Annual Blueberry Bash provided many laugh out loud moments.  The Blueberry Princesses dress and throne are indeed something.  I had to laugh when I learned who came up with the idea for the festival and why. I do not know if it will help the person or not (I hope it does).  

Harvest is a blend of Amish and Englisch.  Millie and Lois from Amanda Flower’s An Amish Matchmaker Mysteries are included.  Lois is a hoot.  Millie and Lois are polar opposites in looks, but they both have good hearts.  The mystery was straightforward.  I knew who would die and the identity of the guilty party before the crime took place.  The reason why took me a little longer to untangle.  My reading enjoyment was not dimmed by this knowledge.  I had a fun time following Bailey on her latest adventure.  I am glad Aiden is returning to town (it is about time).  The ending made me happy.  I see changes ahead in Harvest.  I cannot wait to see what happens in the next An Amish Candy Shop MysteryBlueberry Blunder can be read as a standalone for those new to the series, but I recommend reading this entertaining series in order. I like Amanda Flower’s writing style.  It is friendly and engaging.  I was drawn immediately drawn into Blueberry Blunder.  It is a lighthearted story that made me laugh.  My visit to Harvest was over far too soon.    Blueberry Blunder is a comical cozy with a blueberry bash, a construction catastrophe, a poufy princess dress, a playful pig, a killed contractor, blended nuptials, and a special surprise. 

Blueberry Blunder is available from Amazon*.  You can find the other An Amish Candy Shop Mysteries hereDating Can Be Deadly is the fifth An Amish Matchmaker Mystery and it will be out on October 24.  Amanda has Crime and Cherry Pitts releasing on February 27, 2024 and it is the fourth a Farm to Table Mystery.  You can find Amanda Flower's other novels here.  
A few of the other books out today are Identity by Nora Roberts, The Diva Delivers on a Promise by Krista Davis, Give Fudge a Chance by Nancy Coco, Second Chances on Blueberry Hill by Jennifer Beckstrand, Witch Upon a Star by Angela M. Sanders, and Breaking McKinley's Curse by Mindy Steele. Thank you for joining me today.  Tomorrow I am featuring Identity by Nora Roberts.  I have started walking for twenty to thirty minutes each evening.  My doctor said walking is the best exercise for me with my fibromyalgia and my bad knees. I did not want to walk alone and I am not ready to get another dog, so I picked up a cat stroller.  I have two cats (sisters) who are complete opposites.  Dickens who lives up to her name (she is a wily cat) and Bucky (for Buckeye) who is shy.    Dickens enjoys going outside (she is constantly sneaking out the door).  The stroller allows Dickens to get outside and for me to have a companion.  People are enjoying meeting my friendly feline. I hope that you have a joyful day.  


Kris

The Avid Reader 

No comments:

Post a Comment