Sunday, November 5, 2017

Ghost on the Case: A Bailey Ruth Ghost Novel


Salutations!  I hope you are having a very special day.  Did you remember to turn your clocks back?  Canal Days Calamity by Jamie M. Blair will be published on November 8.  It is the second book in A Dog Days Mystery series.

Ghost on the Case by Carolyn Hart is the eighth book in A Bailey Ruth Ghost series.  Bailey Ruth Raeburn, a heavenly emissary, is thrilled when she gets a message from her supervisor, Paul Wiggins to report to Heaven’s Department of Good Intentions.  Wiggins has a new assignment for Bailey Ruth.  She gets to return to Adelaide, Oklahoma (her home town) to help Susan Gilbert.  Susan receives a $100,000 ransom demand for her sister, Sylvie.  She is told to steal the money from her employer’s safe and wait for their return call at midnight—she never gets a call.  The next morning, Susan heads to work and discovers the place crawling with police.  Susan’s boss, Wilbur Fitch was found dead in his study and Susan is at the top of the suspect list.  Bailey Ruth sets out to unearth who knew Susan could open the safe and why they wanted Wilbur dead.  Can Bailey Ruth get Susan set back on the correct path?

Ghost on the Case was an entertaining novel.  Bailey Ruth is a firecracker.  I enjoy her fashion sense, wit, intelligence, and determination.  While Ghost on the Case is the eighth book in the series, it can be read alone.  All the background details on Bailey Ruth are provided in the book.  I found Ghost on the Case to be nicely written and to have a good pace.  I like how Bailey Ruth works with Sam Cobb, the police chief, to solve the case.  There was just the right amount of humor in Ghost on the Case.  My rating for Ghost on the Case is 4 out of 5 stars.  The mystery had some great elements.  I wish, though, it had been a little more challenging.  There was repetition of details regarding the case that I wish the author had eliminated (we do not need reminded so often).  I liked how Ms. Hart included my favorite childhood restaurant (The Spaghetti Warehouse) and several wonderful novels.  I will be continuing with A Bailey Ruth Ghost series.  If you are looking for a light and entertaining cozy mystery, pick up a copy of Ghost on the Case.

I appreciate you stopping by and reading my latest review.  I am going to spend my day relaxing, reading and watching Christmas movies.  Make sure you take time out of your busy schedules for yourself.  I will return tomorrow with my thoughts on Knit to Kill by Anne Canadeo.  By the way--What key has legs and cannot open doors?  (prepare to groan)  A Turkey!  Take care and Happy Reading!

Kris
The Avid Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment