Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Trusting the Single Dad by Meghann Whistler

 Trusting the Single Dad
Book Summary

Making amends could give him
a future he never dreamed of.

Former bad boy Devin Spencer never thought his past would follow him back to Cape Cod—but neither did Cassie Reed. Tasked with reopening her family’s beloved summer camp, Cassie is determined to keep her distance from the man. But Devin’s dedication to giving his young daughter a stable life starts to break down her walls. As they grow closer, drawn together by their children and an undeniable connection, Cassie’s heartbreaking secret and Devin’s troubled history threaten to keep them apart. Can they find the courage to face the past and create the family they’ve both been searching for?

My Thoughts

Some books feel like a cozy conversation with a friend, and Trusting the Single Dad by Meghann Whistler has that same warm, inviting charm. I really enjoyed the author’s friendly writing style and the relatable characters who quickly won me over. Cassie and Devin were easy to root for, and Devin’s daughter, Hailey, was such a delightful addition to the story. This sweet romance took me through a full range of emotions, from joyful moments to genuine heartbreak, while gently exploring themes of forgiveness, family, teamwork, and helping others. I also appreciated the thread of faith woven naturally throughout the story, along with a romance that felt heartfelt and nicely paced. By the final page, I was smiling big and wishing I could spend just a little more time with these characters.

Looking for your next heartwarming read? Trusting the Single Dad is available now on Amazon, and Meghann Whistler fans have even more to look forward to—The Secret She Carries releases January 26, 2027. You can also browse the author’s other delightful novels, and if you follow her on Amazon, you’ll get a friendly nudge whenever a new book baby arrives. I’ll be back on Thursday, July 30, with Dana R. Lynn’s engaging A Killer’s Target. Until then, may your coffee stay warm, your TBR pile behave itself, and your next chapter be impossible to put down. 


Kris

The Avid Reader

This is how I feel when I go outside!

*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this book.  The comments and opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment