Thursday, May 23, 2024

Cold Case Investigation by Nicole Helm

 Cold Case Investigation

Book Summary

Protecting her ranch has always come first…

Until she learns about her unborn baby.

After almost losing her life in a fire, Wyoming PI Anna Hudson wakes up to the sight of a familiar stranger. Anna and Hawk Steele shared one passionate night. Now the arson investigator will go to any lengths to protect Anna and their baby-to-be. But as they search through cold cases, exposing a tangled family history, a killer after revenge for past sins could steal Anna and Hawk’s future…

From Harlequin Intrigue: Seek thrills. Solve crimes. Justice served.

My Thoughts

Cold Case Investigation by Nicole Helm is an entertaining romantic suspense.   Cold Case Investigation is the third book in the Hudson Sibling Solutions series.  It can be read as a standalone, but reading the series in order allows you to get to know the Hudson siblings and the other characters.  Cold Case Investigation is my favorite book in the series.  I enjoyed getting to know Anna Hudson better.  Hawk Steele is a loner, but that will not work if he is going to be involved with Anna.  I like how the Hudson siblings watch out for each other (a protective group of siblings).    There is a scene with Mary, Hawke, and a puppy that had me laughing.  Mary was not taking no for an answer.  The characters are developed, and they have emotional depth.  The mystery was full of action and suspense. I loved all the twists, turns, and drama.  Cold Case Investigation had me staying up late to find out the resolution.

Cold Case Investigation can be ordered from Amazon*.  The first two books in the Hudson Sibling Solutions series are Cold Case Kidnapping and Cold Case Identity.  The fourth book in Hudson Sibling Solutions series is Cold Case Scandal which will be out on June 25.  You can find Nicole Helm's other novels here.  Thank you for joining me today.   I will be sharing my thoughts on Shielding the Innocent Target by Terri Reed on Tuesday, May 28.  I hope that you have a relaxing Memorial Day weekend (great time to go to the beach, cook out on the grill, or take a dip in the pool). We have a Veteran's Park in our village where we will hold a special ceremony on Monday honoring those died while serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.  Take care and Happy Reading!


Kris

The Avid Reader

*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this book.  I am not required to leave a review.  The comments and opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment