Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Shielding the Innocent Target by Terri Reed

 Shielding the Innocent Target

Book Summary

A child under his protection…

and a hit man in pursuit.

After witnessing her boss’s murder, Paige Walsh must trust Deputy US Marshal Lucas Cavendish to bring her to safety. But when a notorious assassin targets her and her son, Lucas’s short-term assignment turns into a dangerous cross-country mission. For Paige to identify her boss’s killer, Lucas must get the family into witness protection. Except the hit man knows their every move…and trusting the wrong person could get them killed.

From Love Inspired Suspense: Courage. Danger. Faith.

My Thoughts

Shielding the Innocent Target by Terri Reed pulled me in from the beginning.  I liked the characters especially Kenny and Aslan (what a clever and sweet therapy dog).  I enjoyed the action, suspense, and mystery.  There were twists and turns that kept things lively.  There is a thrilling conclusion to the whodunit.  Faith was nicely woven into the story.  My favorite phrase is from the verse in Romans “In all things God works for the good of those who love Him.”  The finale had me smiling.  I did feel, though, that the ending was a tad rushed (I would have liked an epilogue).  I have a feeling that Kenny will continue to wear a cowboy hat like his hero.  Shielding the Innocent Target is the final book in the author’s U.S. Marshal series (Lucas first appeared in Forced to Hide), but it can be read as a standalone.  Shielding the Innocent Target is a suspenseful tale with a slain prosecutor, an adorable boy, a protective cowboy, an astute therapy dog, a resolute killer, and a rare romance. 

Shielding the Innocent Target can be obtained from Amazon* as well as other major booksellers. The first three books in the U.S. Marshall series are Forced to Flee, Forced to Hide, and Undercover Christmas Escape.  You can find Terri Reed's other novels here.  You can learn more about Terri Reed and her books by checking out her website.  Thank you for joining me today.  Tomorrow I am featuring The Widow's Unexpected Suitor by Lenora Worth.  It is the second book in the Pinecraft Seasons series. I am off to run a couple of errands.  It is time for me to switch to tank tops thanks to the high heat and humidity we are experiencing this year.  I am very thankful for the inventor of air conditioning. I hope that you have a cheery and cool day.  Take care and Happy Reading!


Kris

The Avid Reader

*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this book.  I am not required to leave a review.  The comments and opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment