Wednesday, May 29, 2024

The Widow's Unexpected Suitor by Lenora Worth

 The Widow's Unexpected Suitor

Book Summary

She thought she’d never find love again

Until he built a foundation for it…

Amish widow Lilah Mehl wants to make sure her daughter has the wedding she’s always dreamed of—even if it means building a new gazebo. Hiring widowed carpenter Noah Lantz to work on the project is easy, but ignoring their attraction proves more challenging than expected. As the gazebo takes shape, so do new feelings…but is love more than they bargained for? 

From Love Inspired: Uplifting stories of faith, forgiveness and hope.

My Thoughts

The Widow’s Unexpected Suitor by Lenora Worth is a story about love, hope, family, second chances, and faith.  I enjoyed getting to know the characters.  Sarah could be a tad overwhelming at times (I believe Lilah overindulged her since the death of her husband). I thought the characters were developed.  I enjoyed the Pinecraft setting.  It is different from other Amish communities (no horse and buggies, church services are not held in the home).  The plot is thought out and the story moved along at a good pace. Lilah and Noah are both missing loved ones which gives them a connection. The construction of the gazebo will give them time to get to know each other.  Of course, the weeks leading up to a wedding are a busy time.  I enjoyed the descriptions of the gazebo (I want Noah to build me one).   The ending left me smiling.   The Widow’s Unexpected Suitor is a sweet, uplifting story. 

The Widow's Unexpected Suitor can be ordered from Amazon*.  The first book in the Pinecraft Seasons series is Pinecraft Refuge.  You can find Lenora Worth's other novels here.  Thank you for joining me today.  I am sorry the links are in odd colors today.  Blogger decided not to cooperate.  It was acting oddly (would not allow me to add links, change the color of words, and so much more).  I will return on Tuesday, June 4 with The Amish Book Cellar by Tracy Fredrychowski. The heat and humidity are causing me more discomfort than normal (fibromyalgia and heat do not mix well).  I hope that you have a jolly weekend.  Take care and Happy Reading!


Kris

The Avid Reader

*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this book.  I am not required to leave a review.  The comments and opinions expressed are strictly my own. 

1 comment: