Wednesday, August 12, 2026

The Amish WIdower's Dilemma by Christina Rich

 The Amish Widower's Dilemma
Book Summary

She’s helping his son
And healing his heart.


Raising his autistic son alone is not the future Noah Beiler ever imagined. But when bright, sunny Lydia Beachy turns up to help, the grumpy widower tries to send her away—despite the deathbed promise she made to his wife. The compassionate teacher forms an instant bond with four-year-old Jacob. And she may be the only person who can help Noah truly connect with the boy he cherishes. But he’s had feelings for sweet Lydia since they were
youngies. Will they come to realize that their love deserves a second chance?
My Thoughts

The Amish Widower’s Dilemma by Christina Rich is the kind of heartfelt story that wraps around you like a warm quilt. I really enjoyed the author’s warm writing style and the realistic characters she created. Noah’s son, Jacob, is an absolute sweetheart, and I admired Lydia’s patience with him because it is not an easy task. The author portrayed a child with autism with care and accuracy while also showing that children can learn, grow, and thrive with the right support. I also enjoyed the second-chance romance between Lydia and Noah. 

Everything happens in God’s timing, and that message shines throughout the story. I’ll admit there were moments when I grew frustrated with Noah’s stubbornness and grumpiness, but that made his journey feel even more real. Faith, forgiveness, community, and accepting help are meaningful themes woven into the story. If you enjoy gentle, faith-filled romances with heart, hope, and characters who stay with you, this one is well worth picking up.

If you’re in the mood for a heartfelt story with plenty of heart, The Amish Widower’s Dilemma is a lovely one to add to your reading stack. You can find it on Amazon, along with Christina Rich’s other thoughtful and uplifting stories. Be sure to follow Christina on Amazon, too, so you’ll get a friendly heads-up whenever she has a new release. And don’t forget to stop back by on Thursday, August 13, when I’ll be sharing my thoughts on Cate Conte’s charming cozy mystery, Purranormal Activity. Until then, may your bookmarks stay put and your to-be-read pile be delightfully impossible to resist!


Kris

The Avid Reader

*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this book.  I am not required to leave a review.  The comments and opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment