Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Safehouse Under Seige by Virginia Vaughan

Safehouse Under Seige
Book Summary

Deep in the heart of Texas,

he’s her only chance for survival.

US Marshal Wyatt Briggs will risk his life for his job—but when Emily Matthews’s WITSEC identity is compromised, keeping her safe becomes personal. Once engaged to Wyatt’s deceased brother, Emily is like family, yet now she means even more. Both find themselves targets on a drug kingpin’s revenge list, forced to flee from one compromised safe house to another. With a mole lurking in the Marshals Service, Wyatt and Emily must risk everything to protect each other. Emily’s testimony brought the criminal down once, but now they’ll have to work together to deliver justice again, all while staying one step ahead of deadly threats.

My Thoughts

From the very first page, Safehouse Under Siege by Virginia Vaughan pulls readers into a fast-paced blend of danger, mystery, suspense, and second chances. Emily and Wyatt are likable, well-developed characters with real depth, and their shared history adds emotional weight to the nonstop action. I especially enjoyed how quickly the story begins and how the twists keep coming as they work to stay one step ahead of the danger surrounding them. The mystery of the mole kept me guessing, and I found myself eager to solve it before the truth was revealed. 

I also appreciated the faith element, particularly the way Emily gently helps Wyatt begin seeking God again. Although this is the fifth book in the Lone Star Defenders series, it works well as a standalone; that said, I highly recommend reading the entire engaging series. Warm, suspenseful, and hard to put down, Safehouse Under Siege is a compelling page-turner from beginning to end.

Looking for your next page-turner? You can pick up Safehouse Under Siege on Amazon, along with the other novels in the Lone Star Defenders series. Be sure to follow Virginia Vaughan on Amazon, too, so you’ll be the first to know when her next book releases. If romantic suspense is your kind of read, don’t miss the intriguing Vanished in Montana by Jenna Night. Prefer a charming cozy mystery? Add A Little Latitude by Johnnie Alexander to your list. I’ll be back on Thursday, August 27, with the ghostly mystery These Ancient Bones by Heather Graham. Until then, happy reading—may your bookmarks be busy and your TBR pile joyfully out of control!


Kris

The Avid Reader

*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of this book.  I am not required to leave a review.  The comments and opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment