Wednesday, August 19, 2026

The Last Noel by Kimberley Woodhouse, Sarah Hamaker, & Jayna Breigh

 The Last Noel
Book Summary

Christmas novellas from three award-winning suspense authors

The Last Noel is a riveting Christmas novella collection with suspense, intrigue, and second-chance romance.

"Do you See What I See?" by Sarah Hamaker

Oakleigh Wright's estranged foster sister reappears late one night desperate to hand off her children. Oakleigh agrees to bring them to their aunt out of state, but her travels are intercepted by a ruthless gang. She turns to her ex, Joseph, for help. Will they rekindle their love as they uncover what the gang seeks?


"Do You Hear What I Hear?" by Jayna Breigh

Trial lawyer Elise Sinclair resigns herself to a lonely Christmas reviewing legal documents—until her renegade fiancé, Jack, reappears. He is jobless, broken, and seeking forgiveness. Can two battered hearts overcome secrets and restore their love?

"Do You Know What I Know?" by Kimberley Woodhouse

When Faith Thibodeaux returns to her Cajun-style food truck in Alaska after an accident, the last thing she expects is to find out that her ex-boyfriend is the executive chef of a new restaurant. When they return to their hometown over the holidays to fundraise, will the "friendly" competition restore their love or rip them apart forever?

My Thoughts

The Last Noel is a festive treat for readers who like their holiday romance served with a dash of danger and a generous helping of heart. Sarah Hamaker, Jayna Breigh, and Kimberley Woodhouse deliver three entertaining romantic suspense novellas set against the warmth and wonder of the holiday season. Each story offers romance, suspense, and danger, along with likeable, relatable main characters who are easy to cheer for. I especially enjoyed the second-chance romances and the way faith is thoughtfully woven into each novella, with forgiveness serving as a meaningful thread throughout. While I would have loved the suspense to be ramped up another notch or two, I still found the collection satisfying and engaging. These three romantic holiday suspense tales make for a diverting, faith-filled read that will leave readers reaching for a cozy blanket and one more chapter.

Looking for a little holiday suspense to curl up with? The Last Noel is available now from Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and it’s ready to add a delightful shiver to your reading list. I’ll also be featuring a tasty cozy mystery, Board to Death by J.C. Eaton, on Thursday, August 20. Wishing you a bright, book-filled day—and until next time, happy reading and keep those pages turning!


Kris

The Avid Reader

*I voluntarily read an advanced copy of thi book.  I am not required to leave a review.  The comments and opinions expressed are strictly my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment